"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." — Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Farm Fresh Murder (A Farmers' Market Mystery) by Paige Shelton

Please note: Links pointing to Amazon contain my affiliate ID. Sales resulting from clicks on those links will earn me a percentage of the purchase price. So buy and read now!

Summary: A gardener solves the murder of a coworker at the farmer's market. 

Someone is murdered at the farmer's market where Becca sells her strawberry and pumpkin preserves, also managed by her sister. The reason Becca tells herself she is getting involved is so that her sister doesn't lose her job managing the market, but that's a flimsy excuse to go snooping.

I guess I'm supposed to like Becca Robins and how much she enjoys life. But when she fantasizes about making love to a very likely murder suspect, she turned strange, very quickly.

There are a ton of red herrings in the book, and lots of flirtation. I finished the book only because I had to know who the murderer was, but I am done, done, done with this book and this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment