"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." — Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Thursday, September 1, 2011

August Rejects

Please note: Links pointing to Amazon contain my affiliate ID. Sales resulting from clicks on those links will earn me a percentage of the purchase price. So buy and read now!

I try to give each book at least 50 pages, but with so many great books out there (and two book clubs a month), I want to spend my time reading books I actually enjoy. I'd rather not spend time writing full reviews on books I Did Not Finish. This list includes the books I picked up and rejected in August:


Fourth Sunday: The Journey of a Book Club by B. W. Read Summary (from the back of the book):"Over two years, the women undergo a number of trials within their own lives as they confront divorce, illness, romantic highs and lows, sexual experimentation, and career challenges. Throughout the good times and bad times, their book club family provides support, encouragement, laughter, and love." I thought our book club was so unique and special when we each wrote one chapter from our memoirs and then compiled them in an anthology. We were too late in thinking we created another stunt genre because a book club based in D.C. wrote their own novel. Unfortunately, it's terrible. B.W. Read stands for Because We Read. The book was written in a James Patterson style: lots of short chapters, leading/hinting sentences and immediate back story.

No comments:

Post a Comment