"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." — Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Friday, July 1, 2011

June Rejects

Please note: Links pointing to Amazon contain my affiliate ID. Sales resulting from clicks on those links will earn me a percentage of the purchase price. So buy and read now!

I try to give each book at least 50 pages, but with so many great books out there (and two book clubs a month), I want to spend my time reading books I actually enjoy. I'd rather not spend time writing full reviews on books I Did Not Finish. This list includes the books I picked up and rejected in June:


Half Baked: The Story of My Nerves, My Newborn, and How We Both Learned to Breathe by Alexa Stevenson
Summary: A woman shares her struggles with infertility, her subsequent pregnancy with boy-and-girl twins, the death of the boy fetus at 20 weeks and the induced labor of the remaining child Simone at 25 weeks.  
This is a sad, tragic memoir, with notes of irreverence, random memories of her childhood and vague Minneapolis references. The book however seems to be just a way for the author to get more blog readers, since she's already written her whole story on her blog. You can read more about it here. http://flotsamblog.com/2008/01/15/ames-and-simone/  While I did cry in parts, I did so without wanting to finish more of the book. I gave up when it came due at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment